Friday, March 19, 2010

We Are Teachers blog on Student Organization

Hello all! I recently came across this post on the We Are Teachers blog and I thought I would share it with you. It's all about getting your students organized.

We Are Teachers list 27 suggestions of ways to help your students get organized. Two of my favourites are:
#9 Set aside time every month for students to clean out their binders and book bags during class.
and
#21 Have your students write a "to-do list" at the end of each day to take home with them.
I think I like these because they combine responsibility, the teacher makes time, but the students are learning a valuable skill. There a lots of good ideas and I suggest you take a look. It's really short and very worthwhile.

Have a great week, and as always, feel free to comment here and/or email me at organizingteacher@hotmail.com

Valerie

1 comment:

Sincerely said...

Valerie,

Thank you for the link. I am so pleased that you found our information useful. Making teachers' lives easier is at the heart of everything we do at WeAreTeachers.

You can also browse tons of teacher-created ideas for student organization and planning here:

http://www.weareteachers.com/web/21st_century/home

Best,
Sundey McClendon
WeAreTeachers Blogger